OTFC DOJO RULES FOR MARTIAL ARTS CLASSES
1. Main instructor will be addressed as “Sensei” or appropriate teacher title.
2. Everyone will be treated with equal respect. Adults should be addressed as Miss or Mister.
3. Everyone will bow before entering and leaving the dojo (OTFC) or mat area.
4. No shoes will be worn on the mat area.5. No smoking, gum chewing, or unethical language in the dojo.
6. No horseplaying in the dojo.
7. No sparring without Sensei’s permission, brown belts and above excluded.
8. If taking medication, inform the instructor prior to class.
9. If you are injured before, during or after class, please inform your instructor.
10. No YELLING or SCREAMING or DISRUPTIVE play.
RULES FOR STUDENTS
1. Be at the dojo 10 minutes prior to the start of class.
2. Use the restroom prior to coming in the dojo.
3. Inform Sensei of any illness or injury prior to class.
4. Be respectful and courteous to fellow students.
5. Be helpful to other students who may be having difficulties.
6. Leave shoes or sandals outside the mat or inside on shoe rack; always line them up neatly.
7. Show respect to assistant instructors.
8. Have dues turned in on time
9. Always have your full uniform.
10. Respect your belt – keep it neat and tied around your gi or folded up when you are not wearing it.
1. Do not come to the dojo under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
2. Do not push or shove students when lining up.
3. Do not wear jewelry or watches during class.
4. Do not wear dirty gi to class.
5. Do not forget to thank your parents for allowing you to come to class.
6. Do not misuse or abuse the teachings of the dojo on people outside of the class, as well as family.
7. Do not be late.
8. Do not forget your uniform (multiple infractions will be cause for suspension).
9. Do not have a negative attitude. Check your ‘ego’ at the door.
10. Do not touch other students unless told to.